2010年8月31日星期二

Cardinals QB Matt Leinart sounds off about possibly losing his job

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart(notes) sharply criticized coach Ken Whisenhunt on Monday, saying he has no idea why he is in danger of not starting ahead of Derek Anderson(notes).
"I feel like I've outplayed the competition, training camp, preseason," Leinart told reporters after practice. "I think my football jersey
play speaks about that. For me, this goes beyond the football field." Leinart did not specify what he meant by "beyond the football field."
Leinart said he wants an explanation from Whisenhunt, but he admitted he hasn't approached his coach. "No, it is what it is," Leinart told reporters. "Like I said, I think I've done enough. I need to get better, like I said last week. But I don't know if there have been equal opportunities. Obviously, I Dallas Cowboys jersey
haven't played as much as I'd like." Leinart has completed 19 of 23 passes in the preseason; Anderson is 31-for-53.
Whisenhunt replied that he's always willing to have a discussion. "Since Day 1, I've had an open door policy," Whisenhunt told reporters. "If he feels like there's an issue, then I'm certainly (open) to talk to him."
The coach also said he has "great respect" for Leinart's work, but added that he's more concerned with putting the best team on the field. "It's not about whether you like somebody or don't like somebody," Whisenhunt told reporters.
Whisenhunt has not yet named a starter for Thursday's Cleveland Browns jersey
preseason finale or the Cardinals' regular-season opener. He started Anderson last weekend against the Chicago Bears, saying he wanted to spark the offense. Leinart expressed his disappointment over that decision in an interview with a Phoenix radio station.

没有评论:

发表评论